Factory Scrap Elimination
Sq. Ft. Factory Line-Side Space Recovery
Pivotal Supplier Change
Why World Class Industries
How we differentiate ourselves from other companies
From around the world to around the corner... we have facilities in close proximity that can shorten your supply chain.
Freeing up space, eliminating bottlenecks, and saving time and resources are critical components in driving total cost.
No one wins a race to the bottom. Eventually, you pay the cost in throughput, quality, profit, reputation, and time.
FEATURED CASE STUDY
Bringing Consistency to the Process
We recognized a way to not only simplify final vehicle assembly but to do so in a way that improved quality and allowed for warranty reduction.
Background & Situation
Our customer was facing both inventory and ongoing quality issues related to the handling and assembly of glass parts. We delivered solutions that freed up critical assembly line space and helped eliminate a structural defect.
- Glass requires specific tooling and technology for handling and assembly
- Valuable factory space was being lost due to glass inventory and line-side assembly
- The glass door on the cab was sagging, causing the vehicle cab to lose its seal after continued use
- Material costs were driven by higher minimum order quantities and factory scrap
By introducing state-of-the-art assembly technology for glass adhesion and handing, our client enjoyed a range of benefits.
- Cost-beneficial strategic supply chain partnerships
- Triggered/sequenced to production line for just-in-time delivery
- Optimized packaging for production and service use
CASE STUDY RESULTS
From recapturing floor space and removing complex assembly to reducing material cost and eliminating factory scrap, our customer reaped the benefits of WCI’s expertise and knowledge which positively impacted the total cost of the glass assembly process.
8,000SQ. FT. FLOOR SPACE RECOVERED
7%SCRAP REDUCTION THROUGH STREAMLINED MATERIAL HANDLING
5%TOTAL COST IMPROVEMENT
WE HELP YOU MAKE MORE, NOT JUST SAVE MORE.
“By moving forward with WCI, we were able to redirect capital to product development. We launched a new product within six months and are seeing almost 3x our revenue in three years.”General Manager, Cutsforth
“What their work does brings efficiencies to our business, and it helps us optimize our supply chain organization.”Supply Base Manager, Leading Global Industrial OEM